We aspire to:
- Community life, friendships, and social justice
- For healthy and sustainable people and places
- Agricultural lands and organic ways of growing food
Amy's Farm, a non-profit organization, is a real, working polyculture farm focusing on sustainable, organic methods of farming that has offered educational hands-on, guided tours to visitors of all ages since 1998. We were founded in an effort to provide residents of San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside and Los Angeles Counties and surrounding areas the opportunity to visit and experience a true operating urban farm. Thousands of students, parents and individuals visit our farm each year through these tours and can learn about the following:
- our half acre garden and how they might replicate it on a smaller scale at their own homes and grow without the use of chemicals.
- the cyclical nature of a polyculture farm -- that everything from carrot tops to manure is usable/compostable and nothing is wasted.
- the feeding of animals with organic non-GMO feed and greens from our garden.
- the humane keeping of chickens and the collection of their eggs for consumption.
- the humane raising and harvesting of pigs and bovines for the purposes of consumption.
In 2009, we expanded our vision to do the following:
- provide fresh, chemical-free produce to our local community from our on-site farm stand and at the Pomona Farmer's Market. This includes accepting CA WIC coupons and food stamp EBT, as well as donating to local food banks;
- offer volunteer opportunities to Boy/Girl Scout troops, high school and college students, families, special needs individuals, seniors, and others;
- conduct highly successful master classes in gardening, quarterly parent and toddler participation program classes, and educational courses in art (such as photography and drawing) and science, focusing on botany, simple machines and anatomy/dissection.
- utilize the farm experience to promote healing and growth for individuals and families through an on-site licensed marriage and family therapist and the use of volunteer opportunities.